INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE
The Kenai River Brown Bears of the North American Hockey League (NAHL) are actively seeking dynamic individuals to join our 2015-2016 fan experience team. As a member of the NAHL’s Midwest Division, the team plays its home games at the Soldotna Regional Sports Complex in Soldotna, Alaska.
Brown Bear Interns receive valuable hands-on experience within a sports organization, while having the chance to help behind the scenes and learn what it takes to run a successful program in the sports and entertainment industry. Internships are ideal for individuals who have interest in sales, marketing, public relations and sports management.
- Internships will be offered for the duration of the 2015-2016 Hockey Season
- No prior experience is required; however customer service, marketing or sales experience is preferred
- All candidates should be proficient with Microsoft Office, and possess excellent written and oral communication skills
- Internship Program positions are un-paid; however commission based opportunities are available for some positions
- Applicants should have a flexible schedule to accommodate game day operations.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- The specific responsibilities for this position will be dependent on staffing needs and the particular skillset of the applicant. Activities may include: game-day and practice preparation, scheduling, video, statistics, equipment management, etc.
Game Day Operations
- Preparing on-ice ceremonies and intermission activities, in period promotions and game day giveaways
- Assisting with contestant signup and registration
- Guest Service Facilitation
- Assist the team with business operations and sales facilitation
- Assist front office staff with database management, presentations, and business development initiatives.
Ticketing and Merchandising
- Assist the team with the day to day ticketing and merchandising operations
- Will work at the Bears Home Games at the booth and/or merchandise booth
- Will also be asked to complete office hours assisting the team with day-to-day group sale operations
Public Relations and Marketing
- Work with front office and game-day operations staff on a variety of fan-experience initiatives
- Assist the staff in facilitation of the team’s marketing and promotional operations
- Assist on game days with the implementation of various promotional programs
- On game days assist to coordinate the contest sign ups, fan relations and work to promote various ticket packages and upcoming events to the fans
- Assist with player/mascot appearances
- Assist with booking and coordinating possible performers
- Assist with the production of media guides and game notes
- Assist with press releases and other media edits
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and current resume to Josh Romano, Director of Player Personnel: email@example.com